This document is part of the application for temporary restraining order by the Coalition for a Better Jefferson.
- John Foust, goJefferson.com Webmaster
STATE OF WISCONSIN CIRCUIT COURT JEFFERSON COUNTY
COALITION FOR A BETTER JEFFERSON
v. Case No.
Case code #30704
CITY OF JEFFERSON
AFFIDAVIT OF JOHN RHIEL
STATE OF WISCONSIN )
MILWAUKEE COUNTY )
John Rhiel, being first duly sworn and, upon his oath, deposes and states as follows:
- I am the spokesperson for the Coalition for a Better Jefferson.
- On October 10, 2005, the Coalition for a Better Jefferson formed a political group as a referendum committee.
- Immediately after filing the State of Wisconsin EB1 form with the City of Jefferson, to create our committee, a petition for direct legislation was filed. (Exhibit 1, incorporated herein by reference)
- Four (4) days later on October 14, 2005, on behalf of the Coalition for a Better Jefferson, I offered for filing 456 signatures on petitions filled out on copies of Exhibit 1, to the City of Jefferson City Clerk, Tanya NP Stewart.
- On October 21, 2005, Jefferson City Clerk Tanya NP Stewart certified the petitions as to sufficiency and form. (Exhibit 2, incorporated herein by reference).
- On November 1, 2005, the Jefferson Common Council set the proposed ordinance for a first reading with a second reading set for November 15, 2005. (Exhibit 3 incorporated herein by reference)
- On November 15, 2005, the City of Jefferson Common Council has scheduled on its agenda the annexation of a parcel of land over 15 acres at the same time the direct legislation is pending. (Exhibit 4, incorporated herein by reference)
Subscribed and sworn to before me this
Day of , 2005.
Notary Public, State of Wisconsin
My Commission is permanent