|Jefferson County - Ordinances
This goJefferson.com Web presentation of these public documents is Copyright 1999 Syndesis Corporation.
ORDINANCE NO. 92-25
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Jefferson does ordain as follows:
1. DEFINITION. "Smoking" as the term is used in this Ordinance means the use, possession, or holding of a lighted cigar, cigarette, pipe, or any other lighted smoking item.
2. PURPOSE, AUTHORITY, AND INTENT. This Ordinance is designed to protect the health and comfort of the public through the regulation of smoking, according to the authority granted to this County by Section 101.123(2)(c) Statutes (also known as the Wisconsin Clean Indoor Air Act).
3. REGULATION OF SMOKING. Smoking will not be permitted in any area within the Jefferson County Courthouse.
4. NOTIFICATION TO PUBLIC. The County Administrator shall cause to be posted at the entryway of the Courthouse, signs notifying the public that no smoking is permitted in the Courthouse. Absence of such sign, however, shall not be a defense to the violation of this Ordinance.
5. This Ordinance will take effect 30 days after passage by the County Board of Supervisors.
Adopted by the Jefferson County Board of Supervisors this 12th day of January, 1993.
Wendell A. Wilson, Chairman
Barbara A. Geyer, County Clerk
Published the 16th day of January, 1993.