- START MATCH: Flip of a coin will determine which team breaks first and third OR second & fourth of the 4 game set. Winner of flip will get the choice.
- LEGAL BREAK: Breaking player must drive two (2) balls to a cushion. Failure to do this will result in the opponent accepting the balls as they lie, or demanding the balls to be re-racked and break shot repeated.
- 8-BALL BREAK: 8-ball made on the break automatic win, BUT if you scratch it’s an automatic loss
- OPEN TABLE: Upon the break, if you make 1 or more balls, you have the choice of shooting either stripes or solids. All balls are open (neutral) when table is open (this includes the 8-ball). Table is open until there is a legal shot made which determines each players object balls.
- OBJECT BALL: Defined as any one of your balls in your group. When table open, 1-15 balls are ALL object balls. The 8-ball is only your object ball when the 8-ball is your last ball to shoot at.
- CALL SHOTS: All shots should be called loud enough to be heard. All you need to call is which ball you will be pocketing and in which pocket it will be made. (You do not need to call kisses, rails, etc)
- LEGAL SHOT: Player must make contact with a legal object ball using the cue ball first (including the rail being hit prior to an object ball), and then EITHER (1), pocketing the called ball in pocket called, OR (2) causing the cue ball or any other ball to have contact with a cushion. WHILE A PLAYER IS SHOOTING 1-FOOT IS REQUIRED ON THE FLOOR
- FROZEN BALL: If an object ball or cue ball is frozen to a cushion; after the cue ball makes contact with the frozen object ball, the shot must result in EITHER, (1) the called ball being pocketed, or (2) Any ball contacting a cushion (if the frozen ball, it must make contact with a cushion other than the one it was frozen to. Failure to do one of these will result in a foul.
- COMBINATION SHOTS: You do not have to call a combination shot, but you do have to call which ball you intend to pocket and into which pocket making a legal shot; ONLY when table is still open can you make contact first (1) with the eight ball into a solid/stripe, OR (2) a stripe into a solid or visa-versa.
- JUMP SHOTS: The attempt of jumping cue ball over another ball. Not allowed, a cue ball foul.
- WHEN BALL(s) JUMP OFF TABLE: If any ball(s) 1-15, jumps off the table the ball(s) is/are spotted & lose of turn. If ANY ball appears to be pocketed but "jumps" back onto table, it is considered still in play.
- TABLE RUNS: Defined as running ALL your remaining object balls plus the 8-ball consecutively and legally ONLY on your 1st attempt of pocketing a called object ball of the game. (FOR BREAKER)The actual break is NOT 1st attempt; the next shot is, when you are attempting to pocket an object balls.)
- 8-BALL SHOTS: When the 8-ball is the last legal object ball left you must call your intended pocket, but kisses and rails need not be indicated. The 8-ball must be the first ball contacted in the shot sequence. NOTE: A foul is not a loss of game if 8-ball is not pocketed.
- POOL AREA: Only the player, which is in process of shooting is allowed within the playing area of the pool table (all others players/spectators must stay clear, no reaching into players area for the chalk or assisting with a shot). The team captain/sponsor is responsible to keep this under control. If repeated problems–TEAM / SPONSOR will be put on probation.
- KITCHEN: An object ball covering the line from a vertical (up/down) plane is declared in the kitchen. The cue ball must be entirely in the kitchen on a break shot or when a scratch occurs on the break.
- SPOT A BALL: on spot, or if spot is occupied place as close to the spot in a direct line from behind the spot to the middle of the end rail (balls touching).
- SPORTSMANSHIP: All players will show good sportsmanship during league play. There will be no harassment of players allowed. All opponents and spectators must stand back from the table.
- COACHING: Coaching is not allowed, and shooters may not request advise from teammates during a game. (All shooters have the right to request rule clarification from anyone playing in the league. Anyone can inform a player that he/she is shooting or about to shoot at an opponent's ball. This shall not be considered coaching.) Once a game is over any conversation about game is NOT considered coaching.
- DISPUTES: When a dispute arises, and an agreement to resume play cannot be reached, the original game should be finished & another game shall be played, taking coins from scratch pot. Original player will retain the right to the break. MUST NOTE both games results on the scoresheet along with noting the issue & phone #’s so players can be contacted. The issue will be viewed by the officers & a decision will be made by the discretion of the officers. Any problems you can contact an officer for clarification.
- HAVING CONTACT, which causes movement to any ball other than the CUE BALL inadvertently by something (ex: cue stick, bridge, body or clothing) - Opponent can (1) leave moved ball where it lies OR (2) move it back as close to the original position. NOT a loss of turn. IF a ball is pocketed it will remain pocketed, IF the 8-ball it’s a loss of game to whom shooting.
- BALL IN HAND RULE PLAYING CUE BALL FOULS ONLY, once a cue ball foul occurs, Shooter loses their turn to shot and Opponent can (1) play cue ball where it lies, OR (2) take ball in hand, placing cue ball anywhere on table. EXCEPT on break (behind head string-Kitchen)
- CUE BALL FOULS: foul which pertains to involvement of the cue ball contact. Examples:
- Fouls during break – the cue ball is placed behind head string of the kitchen.
- Cue ball scratches, cue ball jumps off table or a jump shot.
- Cue ball scratches while attempting to pocket the 8-ball. (NOT a LOSS)
- Shooting cue ball while balls are still in motion, spinning or out of turn.
- Failure to make a legal shot.
- Balls (1-15) (including 8-ball)jump off table, spot the ball(s) a loss of turn.
- Having contact which causes movement to ONLY THE CUE BALL inadvertently by something (ex: cue stick, bridge, body, or clothing)
- All Fouls are a loss of turn. (NO foul cup this year).
- ALL Fouls must be acknowledged by both players before taking ball in hand. Moving cue ball without an actual foul occurring is itself a foul resulting in loss of turn and ball in hand.
- ALL Fouls must be brought to the attention of the player committing the foul prior to the player’s next shot or you will lose claim to the foul.
- LOSS OF GAME: A player loses the game by committing any of the following infractions
- Fouls when pocketing the 8-ball.
- Pockets the 8-ball on the same stroke as the last of his/her group of balls.
- Pockets the 8-ball in a pocket other than the one designated.
- Pockets the 8-ball when it is not the legal object ball.
ðPlease NOTE it’s NOT a loss if you foul while attempting to pocket 8-ball.
LET’S ALL REMEMBER GOOD SPORTMANSHIP and
MAY EVERYONE HAVE GOOD LUCK AND FUN!! LET’S PLAY|