|Jefferson Banner - Opinion
"Error of opinion may be tolerated where Reason is left free to combat it."
- Thomas Jefferson, from his first inaugural address,
quoted on the Jefferson Banner above, dated January 14, 1864.
Everyone's got one, but most people don't publish a newspaper or own a radio or television station. Jump to the Opinion page for piles of personal expression.
- Jefferson County Fair - July 14-18 2004 - View the pictures from the webcam!
- Ellen Hamill of Albany, Oregon on the Jaeckl Bros. vs. the County situation
- Do you wonder what the City of Jefferson is doing when it comes to economic development? So did John Foust, and boy did it get him into trouble
- Our first resident of the Opinion section was Bill Krupinski, who not only writes letters to the editor but draws a mean editorial cartoon, too.
- Our multimedia tradition continues, with an opinion on Tomorrow's Hope from Jim Schroeder.
- Greg David comments on sprawl, highways, bike paths and other topics.
- James Ortega questions DOT and Watertown bypass decisions.
- Mary Ellen Ganser wonders why the Jefferson Chamber and DOT won't consider "No bypass". She's circulating a petition to this effect.
- Beth Gehredl writes her opinions about Wal-Mart and growth in Fort Atkinson and economic development in Jefferson County.
- William Reichertz speaks out against the Watertown bypass.